Thursday 20 January 2011

2 Doors or 4 Doors ?

Yet after completing my degree in 2005...with some amount of saving..i'm started to hunt my EG. But, during that time, i'm really in dilemma..either to get a 2 doors EG or 4 doors.. finally i'm did my first attempt..to buy an Orange EG3 converted to EG6 with B16A Manual heart. Quite a smart car but the interior was not complete converted - the owner using Integra seat, but during that time i don't even know about the 92 & 94 spec. The only thing i know, it is an EG. I submit my loan application & within a week, the loan was approved...28K with d/payment of 10K. At these moment, i start to re-thinking on the purpose of buying my first car & considering of getting married. i'm really in dilemma between my interest of getting a 2 doors EG and the daily practicality usage when getting married. Finally, i'm cancel the loan & start to hunt a 4 doors EG or famously known as EG9 (JDM Spec).

During those time, it was very difficult for me to find an original EG9 - even the well converted unit also got the tag price of 40K ++. If i'm not mistake, during those years, an original of 15 years old EG9 can easily cost me around 50K ++ up to 60K depending on the condition of the car...Loan??? it's quite difficult to get loan for car that already more than 10 years & if you managed to get one, the interest was quite high, around 6% - 8% and short tenure of repayment period...since i'm just start working and lot of thing that i need to reconsider, i tried to hunt the same model with reasonable price. 

And...finally i found 1 unit of red EG8 1992/96 in Muar from a direct owner (Malay). During that time, for me, it was a smart car equipped with original sunroof - off course..my main criteria of selecting this car. During that time, it was very hard to find an EG 4 doors equipped with sunroof while the original EG9 can be considered as the "rare" species in Malaysia. The owner was the "Tauke" for that 2nd hand car dealer/shop & he adjusting my loan & finally i managed to get 6 years tenure with considered low interest (4.7%) for a 14 years old car - this is some of the spec:





 My first car Spec - EG8 1992/96 (Recond Japan)
  • Original D15B Drivetrain (1.5 litre - Single Cam VTEC) Auto
  • Standard Dark Grey EG8 Interior
  • 16" BSA Chrome Sport rim
  • Original EG9/EG8 Sunroof (This is why i'm selecting this car)
  • Standard EG8 bumper (without foglamp & lip)
The picture above were not the first pics of my car. I already change the sportrim & front bumper - i'll tell you the story later. Since during that time i don't even know the difference between the EG9 92 spec, 94 spec & Ferio standard interior, i just proceed with my buying as long as the car got VTEC, smart & tagged with reasonable price - eventhough i'm quite disappointed coz unable to drive a DOHV VTEC.... hmm.. and that's where my EG8 - EG9 conversion story begun... maybe in my next post.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment