Friday 29 April 2011

The Drive Train Convertion: B16A Installation

The installation of my EG9 92 Spec Halfcut was carried out in workshop nearby. Having Auto to Manual transmission conversion, the critical part off course on the gearbox mounting. Many of my friends were failed the Puspakom Test due to the workmanship at this area & need to be re-do few times before get passed.

I'm quite lucky, the workshop where i sent my car having vast experience in installing VTEC, MIVEC & Turbo engine and they know exactly what need to be done on the mounting. Here i share some of the installation pictures that i still have in my hard disk ...

My D15B Removal Process:








The removal process was successfully done in one & half day complete with the installation of new gearbox mounting which taken from the 92 spec halfcut. The cross-member still maintain the original EG8.

The B16A Installation Process:





Finally, the installation done. i'm try to find the pictures right after the installation but i think were gone with my damaged laptop last few weeks. Stock standard EG9 92 Spec with Manual LSD Transmission.

No comments:

Post a Comment